(The RevGals offered this today) We're in the midst of 'it' and I'm hoping that it is not just me who is starting to get a bit overwhelmed. So for today I am asking for five quick picks of things that are good in your life. And as a bonus, 1 pick for a thing you could do without. If you want to describe them? Great. If not? That's fine too. Have a great weekend!
5 Quick Picks of Things That Are Good in My Life
- Books—and the bookshelves in my new home that hold them—and the bookshelves in my office that hold them—and the library that I can borrow from while it holds them!
- Colleagues—today I’m so thankful to have amazing people with whom I can theologize, disagree, sing, bounce ideas off, play, argue and love—all in one building! Names in particular: Barb, Hal, Sarah, Mark, David—ya’ll rock.
- Equinox Brewery—okay, it may seem shallow, but this is where Jamie and I hold our weekly date-night-catch-up-on-what-happened-while-you-served-your-church-in-Laramie-and-I-ministered-in-Fort-Collins—and they simply have GREAT beer.
- Walking—I’ve been saying “hello” to each crocus I see, slowing down and noticing what I haven’t “seen” before, feeling my body respond to the sun, wind, shade, sidewalk, grass…
- Coffee—again, not so shallow as it seems, because this is what I crave as I sit and write each morning—a routine, a mug with a message and my pen—ritual and spiritual nourishment… along with caffeine J.
Bonus: The wind!