Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall Equinox Friday Five

RevGalBlogPals has a "Friday Five" each week 
that stimulates memories and hopes and fun and more...
Since fall is my favorite season, I decided to play -

As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:
1) A fragrance
mmmm...the crispness in the air - how do you describe that scent? 
2) A Color
all of the oranges or rustiness against a wheat-colored backdrop: from pumpkins to leaves set around drying corn stalks and the remains of my non-flower garden or the neighbor's fading lawn
3) An item of clothing
jeans, jeans, jeans (this is the best season for them because your legs feel so loved, wrapped in cool denim - sometimes still with sandals, sometimes with boots ...)
4) An Activity
snuggling in a light blanket with my patio door open so I can feel the cool and smell the air and hear the rustling leaves being blown
5) A special day
this year it will have to be Thanksgiving, as we're heading back to my "most gorgeous place on earth" at just the right season - the Deleware Water Gap! (Okay, visiting family for the holiday is the purpose, but I get to be "home" in the fall).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was searching for a word for that smell, too, not quite sure.
Thanks for playing this week!