Happy Friday friends!! Today, our Friday Five is about YOU....and if your life were a map, well....
1. What is beyond your boundaries?
There be dragons! Good dragons. I am getting ready to seek beyond those boundaries to discover what's out there. I pray for good dragons... there are good dragons, right?
2. Where are the cities or neighborhoods that need "redevelopment" or attention?Self-care. Isn't that always a neighborhood in need? I'm working on knocking down some crumbling facades and drawing up plans for new foundations. I think it will be beautiful, but first: break some sweat.
3. What are the verdant valleys?That's a hard one right now. There hasn't been much rain, yet Isaiah's text teases me with it's assurance that I'm wrong about my current drought.
For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there until they have watered the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it (Isaiah 55).
4. Where are the deserts?Sometimes it seems they are throughout the region (see #3).
5. Where is the hidden treasure?Ahh, now, that is also throughout the region! It may seem hidden from me right now, but it's very present. I can feel it close... (thanks be to God).
BONUS! Where is the coolest place you have been on the globe?
A couple years ago I had the honor of serving on a mission trip to Venezuela. The people and experience were amazing. I'm not very good with mission trips (you might say they're "outside my boundaries"), but it was my first time outside the U.S. and was heartwarming as well as eye-opening.