Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Five: Let’s Pray Together


Today’s post over at RevGalBlogPals reads:
I am always grateful for the prayers of others, but I am especially touched when someone asks, “How may I pray for you?”

During this season of fullness, how may we pray for each other?

How may we:
•   Pray for you…
discernment, wisdom, givingness*, and guidance (& the willingness to follow)
•   Pray for someone you carry on your heart…
release, joy, enough-ness
•   Offer thanksgiving with you…
for remembering!
•   Ask God’s blessing in your life…
upon groundedness and strength
•   Lift up anything else in your heart…
love for my congregation and the UCC as a whole—that it may continue to serve God’s kin-dom to the best of its ability; love for my family and all that they have given me (from faith to money to love to …  all of it)

Thank you for your prayers! Now I’m heading to other F5 players to pray with you, too.

[As an aside, this F5 fits beautifully with my Advent meditation today over at In Praise of Sophia, so I invite you to stop by there, too!]


*yes, “generosity” would be the real word here, but “givingness” is the soul word that speaks to me




1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Wonderful. thanks for the "givingness" idea.