Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Birth Waters

Reflections on this week's lectionary texts: 

BIRTH WATERS

I want to step down
into the waters of creation -
the deep
the formlessness.
There is an unmaking that calls to my soul-deep self
an unmaking of matter
a return to my cellular components 
and even their dissolution.

I want to drop to the depths of those waters of creation,
a part of the nothingness that was not 
... and then
sense the Spirit's brooding over me -
wind-like
dove-like
unimaginable in my un-state of being.
... and then
as from nowhere (because there is no "where")
a voice of Love 
speaking
making
knitting my cells into more and more 
(of a piece with Creation - never separate - never again).

I want to step down into the waters of Creation -
warmth
a womb
holding me as I become
(I already am)
Birthed.

No comments: