Monday, September 7, 2009

Lineage of Opportunity

I recently came across this writing exercise that made me appreciate some of the many people who directly influenced me getting to be where I am today (in particular, my job - which is the perfect job for me). It says, "I realized that behind each branching of the work I love lies a lineage of opportunity, six degrees of separation seen in retrospect .... Take something you do now that you love: Who helped you get there? And who connected you to that person?"

While most of you won't have a clue who these people are, I celebrate them here (and maybe one of them will google him/herself sometime and see their influence!). So here is my:

Lineage of Opportunity

Associate Minister for Congregational Life & Care

Plymouth UCC

ê

Rebecca Voelkel

ê

Louise Higginbotham

ê

United Church on the Green, UCC

ê

Maureen Gilmore-Hebert

ê

Sue Asher

ê

Yale-New Haven Hospital

ê

Heiner Spittler

ê

St. Joseph Hospital

ê

Kathleen Greider

ê

Claremont School of Theology

ê

Christine Reimer

ê

Darrell Woomer

ê

Lebanon Valley College

ê

Vicki Brendler

ê

Bianca Podesta

ê

Nancy Belsky

ê

Bill Noll

ê

Belvidere United Methodist Church

ê

Mom & Dad

Many, many thanks to each and every one!


1 comment:

Kendra said...

i like that writing exercise, I may have to try it myself!

by the way, thanks so much for my card! it's great! i wish we were sharing that beer in person... oh well. soon, soon!