Sunday, October 26, 2008

There's no denying...

I thought it was a fluke - perhaps that my wife had a secret crush on the Republican VP candidate and therefore made comments... but now I know:

I bear a "remarkable" resemblance to Sarah Palin.

I say "remarkable", because people like to "remark" on the supposed similarity. 

No, it's not a true resemblance. It could be the glasses - or the square-shaped face. But really, it's my hair. In professional settings (i.e.: in church), I've worn my hair the same way for many, many years. Now that Sarah is in the limelight, I'm finally getting credit for my lovely 'do. 

I've been hearing "Oh my gosh! You look so much like..." for several weeks now. My favorite comment came today from a 73 year-old church member. She began with such loving hesitation, "I hope you don't take offense at this, but...". NO WAY! was my response. She was a BEAUTY QUEEN. But my favorite part of this conversation was, "Just because you look alike on the outside, Dear, please never change your differences on the inside". Awww. Again, NO WAY!

My second favorite comment from church this morning was: "Wow! I never realized how much you resemble Tina Fey - I mean - Sarah Palin" (totally unintential slippage). Ha! I love my church.

:)

No comments: