Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter & Bubbles

What does the one have to do with the other? I don't have a theological interpretation for you, but you're welcome to chime in and supply one!

Easter was beautiful. The church was packed twice over, the sermon felt right, and the congregation rocked the Hallelujah Chorus. 

It was definitely a Holy Week journey to get to Easter this year, and to help my soul travel that road, I made a 4-part collage (thanks to the Fun at Lunch Bunch for inspiring this endeavor!). It began with a Maundy Thursday creation, moved through Good Friday and Holy Saturday, and finally triumphed with Easter Sunday. Here is the final piece.


.....

Bubbles were a delightful Monday surprise. I generally don't try to leave the church exactly at 5pm because I know that I don't do very well with annoyed drivers trying to make it home from work. Not thinking, I did just that today... and less than 1/3 mile out of the parking lot I was in a loooonnnngggg line of traffic. 

I immediately became frustrated and started to consider alternate routes home (all of which would have been the same)... when I suddenly saw BUBBLES coming from a window a few cars ahead of me. I dare anyone not to smile and get happy when someone is blowing bubbles in the midst of stopped traffic. I tried to take a picture with my cell phone, but of course we started moving again. 

Maybe I should start carrying a bottle of bubbles in my car alongside the rose quartz I use to help calm my driving frustrations???

2 comments:

Kendra said...

when i'm stuck behind a train and frustrated, i usually turn the car off and text people long messages.

i like the idea of bubbles instead.

revhipchick said...

the bubbles would have made me smile as well.

i once visited a church that gave out little bubble bottles with a note about praying with them and sending your prayers and cares up to God with the bubbles.