Friday, July 11, 2008

More on Brothers...

Isaac & Ishmael.
Still loving them! This didn't make it into my sermon (not this week's, at least), but as I was reflecting I found it quite wonderfully balancing that Isaac was the ancestor of Israel and Ishmael was the ancestor of Islam.

We all knew that, but the part that has me so excited about this ancient relationship (beyond all those Is-names) is that Israel means "wrestles with God" and Islam means "submits to God". And the reason we all need each other is .... DUH!

I love this stuff :).

2 comments:

shandreamer said...

Thanks for the comment on my True Colors reflection. As I was checking out your blog and profile I was excited to see that you are a soul sister! Sometimes I begin to feel closed in as a feminist minister - I fell like I'm outside a very strange system and wonder about my place in it all. Thanks for reminding me I'm not alone.
Peace.

Kendra said...

Hey Pink. Hope all went well today. Thanks again for yesterday! Peace, K